Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Brett Farve Silenced By My Facebook Status


Monday night’s game between the Packers and the Vikings was the most watched ESPN broadcast of all time. It was the classic match-up between a legendary NFL franchise (Packers), and the d-bag, from now on to be referred to as D-Brett, who stabbed them in the back. So before you get started on the Ted Thompson rampage, remember the Packers went back to D-Brett 3 TIMES, offering him a chance to un-retire (April, June and July 2008) and both he and jacked them around. Don’t believe me? Follow the timelines in the press.

But that is neither here nor there.

It has been brought to my attention that I had a voice in D-B’s post-game presser on Monday night. Thanks to dear friend and sportscaster, Dawn Mitchell, who currently works for Fox Sports in Minneapolis.

As a Packer fan, I was a big fan of D-Brett’s. I must admit, I too was upset when he left the Packers. However, when he played for the Jets last year, it didn’t seem to bother me. He was in New York, in the AFC and not a mortal enemy of my home team.  He was gone. And I was ok with that. A-Rodg is my boy now. Heck, I lived through Don Horn, Frank Patrick, Jim Del Gaizo, Lynn Dickey, Blair Kiel, Scott Hunter, Rich Campbell, (need I go on?), I know I will survive.

But when D-Brett took the field on Monday night it was wrong. Very wrong. It sucked. It was the Vikings. How could anyone do that? He said it wasn’t revenge. Bullsh*t. It was all revenge, and in “sticking it to Ted Thompson”, he stuck it to thousands of Packer fans that supported him while he was a drug addict, through his many indiscretions in the back rooms of several Milwaukee night clubs, his horrendous post-season, won-loss record since the 1996 Super Bowl, and the interception against the Giants in the NFC Championship Game.
I’d like to say that it surprised me, but it didn’t. All that matters to D-Brett is D-Brett. Not even Ellie Mae, Jethro, Uncle Jed and the rest of his possum, er, ah…posse.

But it still hurt.

Anyway, back to the press conference. Seeing him so excited on the field infuriated me. He wasn’t supposed to like it that much. That was our “sex face”, not the Vikings fans. It made me feel dirty and used. So I posted my feelings on Facebook.

“Watching this game is like watching an ex-girlfriend with her new boyfriend. AND she's happier than she ever was with you. And you say, well, I'm happy for her. But deep down you're really not. Isn't there a WNBA game on I can watch?”

It’s wasn’t so much that she was with the other guy – she was showing him her “sex face”. And this sex face was a filthier, nastier, “I’ll let you do things to me, that I would never let him do”, sex face. It was like a knife through the heart, stomach and back.

Apparently, Dawn saw my post on Facebook and decided to throw it at Brett in the press conference. A question which CONFUSED D-Brett. Go figure. His response was, “I don’t know if I even know how to respond to that”. And he shouldn’t know how to respond to it. You would have to have some type of consideration for those around you to craft a response. But, since he never thought about anyone other than himself, he was rendered speechless. Score – KB!

I suppose that one day I will be able to see him again and not be bothered. Kind of like finding an old crush on Facebook, who is now fat and ugly and you ask yourself, “What did I ever see in her? Damn, she really let herself go. I am so glad, I didn’t end up with her.” It makes you feel better. But remember, she is probably saying the same about you.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, excellent analogy. I've finally reconciled my feelings for D-Brett. I realized that my one, true love is Bart Starr. He brought us FIVE championships. In comparison, D-Brett is a one-night stand, a championship quickie that has now turned into a whore.

kb24seven said...

KB,

Well written as usual - and normally I'm almost in lock-step with your stands on 96.765% of issues - but this sounds like you're bitter because you just sucked on the rhine of the last lemon left in the bartender's fruit tray for too long.

As Moses said to the Egyptians..."Let Brett go."

Yours smacks of a selective disdain. Where was the outrage over Sharper playing for the sperm helmets? Maybe you had a bad taste in your mouth, but there weren't rallies. Where are the Ryan Longwell jersey burning parties? While BF may have been the face of a particular franchise and the stuff young Wisconsinite dreams were made of from 1992-ish to his move to the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS, the franchise is still part of an overall business.

And while NOBODY but maybe Favre himself believes revenge has nothing to do with his move (so what? he's entitled to be a bitter little pill, too), any sane football fan will look at the situation and realize that the best back in the league plus a veteran O-line, an insanely active d-line plus a weak division equals an easy decision.

In the interest of full disclosure, as you know I'm a disinterested 3rd party and admitted long-suffering Detroit Lions fan. I've had my share of Favre misery...nearly twice a year every year for 16 long seasons. I haven't loved to hate Favre, I've HATED to hate #4 for years and years and years. The ridiculous prayers he threw up that were answered again and again made me want to all together omit 4 from any phone number, bank account or lottery pick. I know how it feels to have to listen to announcers and former jock analysts fawn over this hick. Yes, he rides a tractor, wears jeans and loves his pain meds. I got the message...he's better than any of us. But I learned to cope...I used to hit mute. Want to talk about true frustration or outrage? Ask any Lion fan if they think Matt Millen should legally have any right to be on or near a football field of any level, let alone as an "expert" commentator for the NFL, and you'll see an anger no Packer fan could ever muster. He should be treated like a child sex offender and be monitored everywhere he goes so he doesn't ever get within 100 yards of 100 chalked yards.

But I digres...D-Brett, as you call him, DID have his dirrrrrty sex face on for all to see the other night. He seemed to thrust his finger into the air with more force than he used to...he had a hardened look in his eye...he slung balls like he was 18 years old again...you get the point. I say good for him.

The fact that the game Monday night was not just the biggest in ESPN history but was the most watched event on CABLE...EVER...should tell you that not only is Minnesota better for having Brett, not only is TV better for having Brett, but the league we all love to watch August through February every year is much better for Brett Favre being unretired. Again. Even if that means it's your turn to hate on him for a bit.

Here are some lemons...do with them as you please.

Bill Markut said...

KB, excellent rant for the ages! I feel cleansed...i feel revived...very theraputic experience!

kb24seven said...

BTW...Your ex #4 IS a little fatter, slower and uglier than he used to be. But I wonder if your stumper question would be like the hang-up phone call you (ok, me...I'm talking about me) may have placed to an ex flame at 3 in the morn. Probably caused a little discomfort, but she rolled right over and snuggled new guy.

BTBTW...I digressed by misspelling digress. Thanks auto spell check...you've failed me for the last time.

Unknown said...

You sound like the x-bf that can't get over his gf after 2 years of being apart.

Listen bud, as much as you obviously don't like to admit it, Brett Favre and every other player out there plays for themselves...not the fans. So don't cry and feel cheated b/c one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time is allowed to do whatever he wants. And what he wanted to do was play for a team that could win a championship....a team that will go out and spend money on pass rushers and a team that drafts playmakers. Not punters, not white wide receivers. GB elected to draft a lineman (and i believe it was Barbie) instead of trading for Randy Moss. STUPID! And yet, they draft Jordy Nelson??!!

Lola said...

Well, as a long time Packer fan, I'll try to explain this to you as simply as I can so you can follow along.

You see...Brett Farve is actually just living his life.
Believe it or not, he can do that without checking with you or anyone else first for aproval.
See when you have a life of your own and you are a mature adult then you realize that football is football and human being is a human being and well...whether a human being plays football for one team or another team in the "BiG PICTURE" of life, how can I say this...it just isn't all that bloody important.

I'm sorry that he isn't playing for the Pack...I'm a packer fan for 30-some years and I want him here. But see...the actual reality is that he is not here and I and the rest of the world is going to have to find a way to...well, you know...live with that.

I know that may sound a bit cruel but then I'm sure that when you do finally get a life of your own that you will then realize that you were just being silly wasting all that hate and anger on a guy trying to play football when there
are things in the world that actually do matter like abuse and murder and drug addiction and you know things like that.

I hope I live long enough to see people who consider themselves adults, start acting like adults instead of little children on a playground.

Here's your chance...