Friday, October 08, 2010

Note to Self: Don't Eat Tuna and Clam Chowder for Lunch if You Have an Afternoon Business Meeting

The title is self explanatory.

I went to Eagan's for lunch. Not sit down, just through the deli part. They have great clam chowder (every day, which kicks ass), and you can pair it with a small pasta salad for $5.25. Good deal. So I pair it up with  the tuna pasta salad. Tasty.

About halfway through the meal it dawned on me...I have a business meeting this afternoon. What I don't have is gum.

So here I stand. Committed to a delicious meal. Committed to a client meeting. And a mouth that smells like Puget Sound with no sign of any breath cleansing products in the near vacinity. I do have some fruit flavored Rolaids, but that isn't going to cut it. It'll only make me smell like a Yellowfin Marmalade sandwich.

My plan - remain silent in the meeting and repeatedly drop my ass, shooting my co-worker looks of disgust each time the cloud rises.

It's the only out pitch I've got.

No comments: